Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

facebook account elimination date didn't restart

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 puravida999

puravida999

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

Hi everyone , on the 15th of May I Request A Permanent Elimination of my Facebook account Entering https : //www.facebook.com/help/delete_account , I was told by facebook that is permanently eliminate 14 Days And That if I would like to stop this process I should enter before May 29 .

I logged into Facebook on 20 May But I came a window saying Confirm Delete or cancel Process Then I put Confirm removal and 14 days started again , now my account would eliminate the June 3. THEN I finally decided to cancel the Elimination in May 30 and I realize that my account had already been eliminated. In short words, the days were not reset as It showed when I logged on June 20 .

anyone know if it is normal ?

Edited by puravida999, 31 May 2015 - 10:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

I don't think that any of us here knows exactly how Facebook manage this process. I think that the message they sent you was to confirm that you still wanted to delete your account in 14 days, and so it didn't start the process over. It just gave you a chance to cancel it before it deleted your account.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users