Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bsod help

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kb954

kb954

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

win 7 64 bit, samsung laptop model#np300e5a. I3 idk anything else about it tho. thanks in advance

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kb954

kb954
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:35 AM

sorry i couldnt get it to upload together

Attached Files

#3 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:25 AM

Hi kb954 ^_^,

The ZIP File uploaded by you does not contain any dump files for us to analyse. Could you please go to the below directory and see if there are any dump files?

C:\Windows\Minidump

If there are Dump files in that folder, kindly copy all of the files to some other folder, ZIP them up and upload them with your next post. If you try to ZIP up the files inside the Minidump Folder, you would be presented with a nice permission error.

If there are no dump files in that directory, then kindly find the below file, ZIP it up and upload it to some 3rd party file hoster like OneDrive, MediaFire etc and then provide the link to it with your next post -

C:\Windows\Memory.DMP

PS - The file size could be large.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#4 kb954

kb954
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

nothing in memorydump file and i dont see the second one

#5 ring 0

ring 0

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:20 PM

1. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Ensure there's a check-mark for 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives'.

2. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > System Failure > ensure there is a check mark next to 'Write an event to the system log'.

Ensure Small Memory Dump is selected and ensure the path is %systemroot%\Minidump.

3. Double check that the WERS is ENABLED:

Start > Search > type services.msc > Under the name tab, find Windows Error Reporting Service > If the status of the service is not Started then right click it and select Start. Also ensure that under Startup Type it is set to Automatic rather than Manual. You can do this by right clicking it, selecting properties, and under General selecting startup type to 'Automatic', and then click Apply.

#6 kb954

kb954
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:46 AM

I can't figure out how to do this. Sorry took so long I'm dealing with my aunt about to pass from cancer. Is there a for dummies version or something? Thanks for your help tho.

#7 ring 0

ring 0

• 89 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

Is there a for dummies version or something?

What exactly in my instructions are you having a hard time understanding so I can help you?

#8 kb954

kb954
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:27 AM

Going to find the file. Ive done it 5 times

#9 ring 0

ring 0

• 89 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:15 AM

What file? My instructions don't have you looking for a file, merely ensuring settings are in place. Are they?

#10 kb954

kb954
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:40 AM

Nope something about drivers. I have it on my computer I'll post when I get home.

#11 ring 0

ring 0

• 89 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

Nope something about drivers.

?

#12 kb954

kb954
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:23 PM

Now it's saying windows loader is messed up and won't start. It's running the startup repair now. I'm not to sure what to do at this point. Can't send any files or even look. Helppp please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users