Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Write Protect

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shu

shu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:01 AM

how can i prevent my data, which i burned in a cd-r/rw, to be saved in other person's computer? i dont want somebody else to save the data in their computer or burn it again..i just want them to access it as long as the cd is placed..but once they remove the cd out of their comp, they can no longer access the data..please help..im using nero..do i need to use another program/software for my problem? help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:37 AM

This is very difficult to do - and it's usually fairly easy to circumvent. It would help if you could describe the situation in a bit more detail.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 gilo

gilo

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:39 AM

This is very difficult to do - and it's usually fairly easy to circumvent. It would help if you could describe the situation in a bit more detail.

hi, is there any software out there that can limit or make DVD piracy harder?
i have some videos and ive been lending it to many people, they just keep burning them without my knowledge. by the time i know it a lot of people have seen it even people i do not know.
write protect or dvd protection program? i know everything can be copied, but is there a software that can make the copying be harder? just a thought.... thanks

#4 JeremyTM

JeremyTM

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:30 AM

This is almost impossible to do with todays work arounds. Good luck and there are apps out there that will do this but always ways to get around it.

#5 gilo

gilo

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:44 PM

This is almost impossible to do with todays work arounds. Good luck and there are apps out there that will do this but always ways to get around it.

yeah, i know its kinda impossible but would you happen to know any apps that i can try? just to make it harder for the people who would want to pirate my videos.. ( at least 20-30% would not take the hassle to find out how... maybe). thanks

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:17 PM

Well...if you are so concerned about your videos finding their ways into other persons hands...it seems simple to me that you just ought to stop putting them in other persons' hands.

If you are not concerned (I think it's pretty pointless to be concerned about such when you make it possible), then accept the fact that most, if not all persons, will take advantage of the situations that you seem to be present to them (carte blanche).

Physical security...always starts at home.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users