Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 ready laptop for office and videos watching

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TWango

TWango

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:02 AM

Dear all,

Now that my old HP HDX16 is dead, I want to buy within the next 2/3 weeks a new laptop. 

I would like from the laptop to answer the following criteria:

• Windows 10 ready
  • Intel’s 14nm Broadwell processor (or Core M, even if I've read that the latter tends to make some laptops overheat)
  • Regarding my use, I do mainly office work (so having several instances of Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Chrome open at the same time) and I watch videos (streaming, series, movies... in HD)
  • A good battery and the ability to carry it with me (it does not need to be 3mm thick however)

I already took a look at some laptops like the Dell XPS 13, Lenovo Lavie Z or Z51, or Asus' Zenbooks, but it is hard to know which to pick. 
I also hesitate to borrow a laptop for some months and wait end of summer/September to buy a new one, as Windows 10 will be released, but I do not know if it is worth the pain.

Any opinion and advise would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:06 AM

According to notebookcheck.net the Lenovo Thinkpad T450 with the Nvidia 940M (for Windows 10 -DX12 support) is the best business oriented laptop available.

#3 TWango

TWango
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for your answer YeahBleeping!

The Lenovo seems to be a pretty good choice. I've also heard of the Asus Zenbook series, with IPS matte screen. What do you think of this series and technology? 

Also what is your opinion on screen definitions Full HD and higher? For these sizes of laptops do you really see the difference between a 1080p and let's say a 3200*1800?

Many thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users