Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting into the Chat Room Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Q40

Q40

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:10 AM

I don't know if anybody has had this problem. I think not, because I have been unable to find it anywhere on this site. I'd love to get into the chat room of this website, but the best I can do is this:

Box with:

Welcome: User                                                                                Another box: Latest forum discussions

You were last here on:                       In this middle area

My settings                                  is where the chat

All that jazz                                       windows is                    

Another box:                                                                                      Another box: Latest tutorials

Latest Virus Removal Guides:

Locker Ransomwear

Antivirus Pro 2017

Etc. etc.

Most of the space is covered where the chats are written & I don't know how to maneuver these other boxes of information (in blue) aside so I could get the full screen. It doesn't seem like a huge problem, but it's quite frustrating because I just don't know how to get the full chat screen. Can anybody help me?

Q40

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:46 AM

Hi,

I think there is no easy way to remove the boxes, but there is a way to use a dedicated program to connect to the chat where you can decide yourself which size the chat window should have. Maybe that is an option?

You can find instructions on how to connect and a choice of clients here under How to connect: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/chat/#startchat

regards
myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Q40

Q40
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:25 AM

Thanks Myrti:

I've already looked there & did what it told me to do. I have downloaded MIRC on my computer, but nobody answered. What do you mean by choice of clients?

Q40

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users