Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Power Supply not working?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SushiVII

SushiVII

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

I bought a thermaltake 430w psu from best buy to replace my old one and I've connected all the wires, but I noticed the 20+4 connector in the new unit that there's one slot without a metal piece for the pin to slide into, and no wire behind it. Would that cause it not to turn on the computer? I'd show a picture but I don't know how to get one on this forum from my phone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,318 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:00 PM

Is the voltage selector on the PSU set to the correct voltage?  I've seen PSUs that wouldn't power on if they were set to 220v and connected to 110v.

#3 SushiVII

SushiVII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:03 PM

Yes I have it switched on the 115v

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,318 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:07 PM

Then I would recommend disconnecting and reconnecting all of the power supply connection to the motherboard.

Why did you replace the PSU?

#5 SushiVII

SushiVII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

I'll try to go over it again. I replaced my old apevia atx-tl450-bk psu that died out about a year ago. If it'll help, my motherboard is Asus MSQ-M4N68T-MV2(B) and I have a Radeon HD 5450 graphics card.
( B )

#6 SushiVII

SushiVII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:50 PM

I found a 4 pin peripheral connector that I missed hidden in the case and connected it but still nothing. Maybe I'm connecting things wrong with the dual rails?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users