Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Slow down my Laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 caabdul

caabdul

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

Hi

Generally people are looking to speed up computers but here I am in an opposite situation. I have purchase hp pavilion g6 Laptop at low cost and my friend wants to take it from me. I am in a situation where I can't say "NO" to him but I am thinking to get my laptop slowed down so when he takes it for use, he doesn't fee quite well with it.

Here is what I have: It is i3, 3rd generation, 4GB RAM and 500 GB hard disk with Windows 7 Home installed on it.

What I can't do is:

> I can't decrease usable memory to 1 GB as he will figure it out quickly

> I can't put some fake virus because I know he has good hand with antiviruses too.

I have installed Trend Micro Total security considering that it is a heavy internet security suite and takes lots of system resources but it has done no effect on speed :(

What I want is as follows:

1- Laptop must start very slow

2- Media files must run very slow

3- Google Chrome must run and browse very slow

4- Some way to frequently crash System (may be when running some videos)

5- Any other options making fake situations so the user doesn't like the laptop.

BUT I DON'T WANT TO HURT MY MACHINE, :nono: lols

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

I'm curious. Why can't you tell your friend to walk away on this? If he wants to take it from you, it looks like stealing to me, which is illegal, no?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

Seems like a rather strange request. Why are you in a situation where you cannot say no to your friend?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 caabdul

caabdul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

Time changes and so do the situations, life can put us in some situation where we can't say Yes or we can't say NO :)

So please give me any tips so I may keep both or Laptop and Friend's ship

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

Most of the advice I would give you aren't allowed here, so I'll restrain myself from posting them here. Also, you always have the choice to say yes or no.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 caabdul

caabdul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

Actually I have already said agreed with him so he may purchase it from me

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

So you agreed to sell him a laptop, then you want to "mess" it before giving it to him, so he'll ask for his money back and give you the laptop back? Simply call off the deal.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#8 caabdul

caabdul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:20 PM

Aura, Are you trying to change my mind? Thats good and I appreciate

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

I am not going to get into the morality and ethics of your situation. But I cannot in good conscience allow Bleeping Computer to be a party in you misrepresenting the actual performance of a computer you wish to sell to a friend.

You'll have to find your information elsewhere. This topic will remain closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users