Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Slow down my Laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 caabdul

caabdul

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

Hi

Generally people are looking to speed up computers but here I am in an opposite situation. I have purchase hp pavilion g6 Laptop at low cost and my friend wants to take it from me. I am in a situation where I can't say "NO" to him but I am thinking to get my laptop slowed down so when he takes it for use, he doesn't fee quite well with it.

Here is what I have: It is i3, 3rd generation, 4GB RAM and 500 GB hard disk with Windows 7 Home installed on it.

What I can't do is:

> I can't decrease usable memory to 1 GB as he will figure it out quickly

> I can't put some fake virus because I know he has good hand with antiviruses too.

I have installed Trend Micro Total security considering that it is a heavy internet security suite and takes lots of system resources but it has done no effect on speed :(

What I want is as follows:

1- Laptop must start very slow

2- Media files must run very slow

3- Google Chrome must run and browse very slow

4- Some way to frequently crash System (may be when running some videos)

5- Any other options making fake situations so the user doesn't like the laptop.

BUT I DON'T WANT TO HURT MY MACHINE, :nono: lols

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

I'm curious. Why can't you tell your friend to walk away on this? If he wants to take it from you, it looks like stealing to me, which is illegal, no?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

Seems like a rather strange request. Why are you in a situation where you cannot say no to your friend?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 caabdul

caabdul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

Time changes and so do the situations, life can put us in some situation where we can't say Yes or we can't say NO :)

So please give me any tips so I may keep both or Laptop and Friend's ship

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

Most of the advice I would give you aren't allowed here, so I'll restrain myself from posting them here. Also, you always have the choice to say yes or no.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 caabdul

caabdul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

Actually I have already said agreed with him so he may purchase it from me

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

So you agreed to sell him a laptop, then you want to "mess" it before giving it to him, so he'll ask for his money back and give you the laptop back? Simply call off the deal.

unite_blue.png

#8 caabdul

caabdul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:20 PM

Aura, Are you trying to change my mind? Thats good and I appreciate

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

I am not going to get into the morality and ethics of your situation. But I cannot in good conscience allow Bleeping Computer to be a party in you misrepresenting the actual performance of a computer you wish to sell to a friend.

You'll have to find your information elsewhere. This topic will remain closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users