Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 warwizard99

warwizard99

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:26 PM

Hello, I keep experiencing a BSOD while using my laptop. Usually, it is while playing Facebook related games, but i feel it has something to do with my sound output. Recently, my sound icon stopped working  and I believe there is a conflicting error between some other program and the windows default sound program. I would appreciate any help! 

In addition, after running the program outlined in the sticky, I found the zip file requested, but could not find perfmon/output. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:17 AM

Only277 Windows Updates installed.  Most systems have 300 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

There are enough signs here that I have to wonder about this installation. Should this be a pirated copy of Windows, please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

Once you become legitimate, feel free to post back with a new set of reports and we'll move on from there.

Edited by usasma, 31 May 2015 - 05:19 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 warwizard99

warwizard99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:20 AM

No, I bought this laptop as refurbished from a big brand store. I've received validated windows installs from Windows Update, so I don't know how or why you might think I've got a pirated version. Can you elaborate on this?

Besides the fact, I don't see why the number of updates validates or invalidates my laptop? I choose not to install updates for programs I don't use, such as IE, MS Access, Outlook, and others. It is a very simple device for school (MS Word and Excel), Internet access, and small amounts of Facebook games. 

If you simply refuse to help, say so. I came to this site from a friend who recommended it as a way to figure out way my sound icon stopped working and put it together with my computer crashing off and on. So far, I'm less than impressed. 

Edited by warwizard99, 01 June 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:28 AM

Regardless of your reasons, this system is likely using pirated software.

I shall report this to the staff and will not respond further.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users