Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No VGA / Blue Screen - Have replaced almost everything. Please help.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 onegroovydude

onegroovydude

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

Hi. I'm at a dead end. My computer stopped showing on the screen (blue screen - no vga). I checked it on another monitor and didn't change anything. I replaced the cable and it didn't work. Then I replaced the video card and that didn't help. Then I replaced the motherboard, still nothing. Replaced the cpu. I have 4 sticks of ram. I tried one stick at a time, didn't work. I've unplugged both dvd drives and my card reader thinking that might be causing the issue but it didn't help. So what's next? Can the power supply go bad? Could it be the ram still. I've almost replaced the entire inside. It's very annoying. Thanks for anyone that can help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

If this is a custom build, please list the original parts you were using, and the parts you replaced them with.

What operating system are you running?

When you replace the motherboard did you either reinstall the operating system or run the sysprep to generalize the hdd before introducing it to the new motherboard?  If you haven't done either of these your operating system could be damaged to the point it will not boot.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:03 AM

Has this ever worked?

Are you using a VGA cable?  (normally has a blue connector)  If not you may just need to change the source on the monitor.

#4 onegroovydude

onegroovydude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:13 PM

Hi. Thanks for the replies. It worked for a number of years. I turned it off and then turned it back on the next day and no more screen. I replaced each piece with a working version of the same thing. The only thing I didn't try get is the power supply. I assumed that since it came on it was working, but someone else told me that it may not be getting full voltage, so I'm going to try it next. I'll post my results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users