Windows 7 64 bit professional
Lenovo ThinkPad T530
Kaspersky 3.0 Pure
In the past 2 weeks my laptop has suddenly become very frustrating to use. It is usable for a seemingly random amount of time, and then invariably some combination of the following will happen:
- Cannot switch to or launch new apps from the start menu and taskbar (mouse just won't click)
- Cannot alt/tab to switch to a new app
- Mouse cursor moves but cannot click anything in current app (or)
- Cannot move mouse cursor but click seems to register (this one happened while I was typing this forum post)
- Scrolling does not work
- Cannot right click
- Mouse moves but moves very slowly and movement is very delayed
Closing the laptop and waiting for it to go to sleep mode and then opening it back up seems to magically fix the problem temporarily, but then inevitably it comes back. Sometimes within seconds, sometimes minutes, sometimes 30 minutes.
There were no new program installs correlating to when this problem happened - but of course several programs update themselves all the time.
I can't find a pattern, Not sure if this is a software or hardware issue so wanted to check here first before shipping the laptop off which is hard to do because I use it all the time for work.
Any questions? Let me know.