Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wake from sleep - mouse issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 likuid99

likuid99

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

Hi,

I would like the keyboard to wake the pc from sleep, but not the mouse.

Keyboard is a Choppo mini connected via USB.

Mouse is a Microsoft 69J-00002 Wireless mouse via USB dongle

I used an elevated CMD prompt with line powercfg -devicedisablewake "HID-compliant mouse" to try and get the mouse to stop waking the pc from sleep. I was not successful. It is the only mouse listed in device manager. 

I forget the command but I checked for all the available devices that can wake the computer in the CMD prompt, but no mouse was shown. Only what seemed to be the keyboard listed more than once. 

I also checked all of the devices in device manager under the usb root hub and none are set to wake the computer from sleep.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Respectfully, 

Likuid

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users