Hey guys, I got a Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop from my school today, and as soon as I got home, I got to customizing it. I've hit an issue (Hence this post.) I was wondering if you could help
So here is what went down since I have received it
1. Opened it up, switched hard drive to a 300gb hard drive I had laying around as opposed to the 250gb I had in there
2. Reimaged it with a bootable flashdrive with a precracked Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit iso burned to it. Note: It took less than 20 minutes for this process to go down.
After this, it said the boot file was corrupted. I then reburned the iso to the flashdrive and attempted to do it again, same OS, but I had burned the OS to it about a month ago, just did it again. Note: It took less than 20 minutes for this process to go down
4. After success, got google chrome, got Dell System detect, and installed necessary drivers except a couple of BIOS updates.
5. Installed Rainmeter and customized it
6. Tried to install Windows Office 2013 off of the flashdrive (I reformatted it and tried to install) Everything from that point on was complete bleep. After about 20 minutes, I held the power button for 5 seconds and turned it off.
7. Booted up again, windows explorer was lagging like crazy, rainmeter would not startup, and it took about 3 minutes to detect and open the window for my flashdrive.
Need a x86 build? [Possible, not likely, has 4gb of ram, and an i5 (Not sure what exact i5).
Switch harddrives again? [Possible, but doesn't account for the 5 minutes it took to load that flashdrive autoplay window.
Processor is fried? [Possible, but doesn't explain how I was able to reimage the entire PC so quickly.
RAM? [Possible, not sure.
Any other thoughts or suggestions? Help is greatly appreciated. First I am going to try the hard drive that was originally in it. Thanks
Edited by hamluis, 31 May 2015 - 05:35 PM.
Edited for readability - Hamluis.