Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me !

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 70191980

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:01 AM

Can you help me take away a icon that I don`t want to be down rigth on the table.
It came one day I surfing internett, first as a pop ups, then it took place on my computer.
I have tried to rigth-clicked on the icon, but nothing happend.
I have tried xoftspy scan but nothing happend.
I can`t take it away.

I have use my virus-program (Symantec) scanning, but it can`t find anything wrong.

How can I take this away ?? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:20 AM

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans?

If not, start here:

If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0
Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.

Download and scan with Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06. Setup & Configure as shown here.
Download and scan with Spybot S&D 1.4. Setup & Configure as shown here.
[DO NOT choose the option to install TeaTimer]
Note: If you encounter any error messages while downloading the updates, manually download them from here.

Then perform these online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Trend Micro Housecall Scan
Panda ActiveScan [ActiveScan Panda does not remove adware/spyware but will autoclean for viruses & worms.]
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users