Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not Install Win7 In Toshiba Sattelite

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 fatmnafi

fatmnafi

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

Hi everyone, I am new to this site. My problem starts with installing Win7-64 bit on my Toshiba Satellite laptop, U845W-S400, 500 hdd/sdd, 4Ram. Originally it has a pre-installed Win7 premium, I have formatted the laptop and tried to install Win7 ultimate but did not work, after headache I have temporally decided to install Win8.1, it worked well. I have tried again to install Win-7 64bit ultimate by booting and adjusting the Bois setting from csm to UEFi boot, booted fine and while win7 installation in progress no drivers were identified (you cannot see any drivers). As recommended I have copied SATA drivers to the USB and when tried to load them through the installation process it gives an error and not identified. Secondly, I have tried to install win 7 by logging onto the pre-installed win8.1, it went fine and copeid win7 files but after auto restart through win installation it gave the blue dead screen and failed. I have gone through these for many weeks and went through so many sites amongst is Toshiba sites and so many YouTube videos but no success. I would appreciate it very much if someone could suggest a solution.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:16 AM

Hi fatmnafi :)

Allow me to ask you simple questions first to make sure we get everything right.

Where did you get the Windows 7 64-bit from? Also, which edition is it?
What tool/program did you use to create a bootable USB with the Windows 7 .iso?
Is your hard drive partitionned using a MBR or GPT partition table style?
Do you have "Secure Boot" enabled in your BIOS?

Also, I would give this thread on Toshiba's forum a read:

https://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2B03F30002R01.htm

So if you have the CSM boot enabled, it's good. Now you need to disable the Secure Boot.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 fatmnafi

fatmnafi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:32 AM

Thank you for your reply. Here are my answers:

I bought it from our local PC shop here in Libya year ago (It is 48 Win7 in one Cd) it works very fine with all other machines without any minor hassle.  The edition is (Version 6.1 build 7600). I have not used any bootable USB, it is just saved files for SATA from Toshiba website (f6flpy-x64 zipfile) in the usb and during Win7 installation at the step of drivers selection no derivers are found I have been recommended to load those SATA drivers from the usb but it don’t work.  I am not well aware if my partitions are MBR or GPT  (if that maters I will check). Secure boot is enabled.  Regards in advance.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

Disable Secure Boot in the BIOS like shown in the article below. Also, once you're in the Windows 7 installation enviromment, press on Shift + F10 to bring up the command prompt and enter diskpart. Once the diskpart utility will be open, enter list disk. If you see a * at the end of the line for your disk, then it's GPT. If not, it's MBR. Mine for example:

SjOVjRe.png

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 fatmnafi

fatmnafi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

Thanks, so what setting should I have to install Win7, GPT or MBR. 

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

For Windows 7, you want a MBR disk, with Secure Boot disabled and CSM Boot enabled in the BIOS.

unite_blue.png

#7 fatmnafi

fatmnafi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

The same proble again, booting with Win7 can not see drivers at all, this is my basic problem.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

Can you insert the USB flash drive on a USB 2.0 port straight from the motherboard and not the computer case? Also, not in a USB 3.0 port?

unite_blue.png

#9 fatmnafi

fatmnafi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

I have only USB-3 (which are colord blue) no USB-2. I do not understand what do you mean by reaching USB-2 from the motherbord, mine is slim laptop with so many screws at the back, nevertheless, is it accessible from back.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

Honestly I think that's the issue. Windows doesn't support natively USB 3.0 port, hence why you're getting that driver error. And my bad, I thought you had a desktop computer. Which drivers did you download? What are they called? And you downloaded them from Toshiba's website for your model, right?

unite_blue.png

#11 fatmnafi

fatmnafi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

Thanks,yes it is Laptop, I downloaded the SATA from Toshiba site for the same laptop model, they are (f6flpy-x64)it is:
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver.

Rgrds,
Fathi
Spec. Elec. Eng.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

Can you write down the exact error message you're getting when you try to load the SATA drivers during the installation?

unite_blue.png

#13 fatmnafi

fatmnafi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:05 AM

Please Refere to attached messaged when installing win7.

Pic-1:  choosing win-7 ultimate,

Pic.2: No drivers are shown,

Pic.3: select driver (in my case from usb),

Pic-4: Load driver from usb,

Pic.5:Browse to usb,

Pic.6:Upload sata file from usb,

Pic.7:Sata file loaded,

Pic08: Failure message, it says: (To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64-bit drivers. Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unusable windows installation".

Regards,

Attached Files

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:36 AM

This .iso is really weird. It have a lot of preconfigured Windows 7 installation on it. Did you try with a sample, clean Windows 7 .iso and see if it works instead?

unite_blue.png

#15 fatmnafi

fatmnafi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:22 AM

Eventually, I got it right. Win7, 64-bit ultimate is installed correctly in my Toshiba satelitte laptop. All was how to go around to get the drivers identified. 64-bit SATA driver did not work out. Have tried to identify the drivers using 32-bit SATA driver instead: File name (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver, (f6flpy-x86.zip)
Version: 12.5.0.1066, size:0.31 MB Language: Multi language
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 *, Windows 7 *, Windows 8*, Windows Server 2008 R2*

Thanks in advance Mr. Aura for your support and co-operation.

Regards.

Edited by fatmnafi, 03 June 2015 - 06:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users