Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ads audio playing in the background

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iwannabe_geek

iwannabe_geek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

Hi All,

I am new in this community and I'm really glad I've come across it. 

I believe my problem started when I watched a video via streaming (for free) from this website called watch32.is. As expected, there are heaps of ads being free. Every time you clicked on the play button, it would open up a new page for the ads. After a few days, I noticed that while watching a show, an audio of a ads would play in the background.

I looked it up online and it appeared to be a malware/adware. I called my anti-virus/spyware product support and after running several scans no threats were reported. It is very annoying because even if I'm not browsing anything, the ad audio plays in the background.

Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this? 

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

iwannabe_geek

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 robby501

robby501

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:52 AM

I am a novice pretty new to this Site also and I am not going to even attempt to answer your query because I know that expert advice will be along here very shortly. 

All I can say is this Site has been a god-send to me in helping me gain tech knowledge in how to keep my pc virus-free. The guys and girls here are awesome!

I am sure someone will come along to recommend you use Junkware Removal Tool and/or AdwCleaner of which there are downloads available within this Site.

Use them if indeed this is the case -  as well as read up about the potential problems that PUP's (Potentially Unwanted Programs) can cause. Also, if you are ever tempted to download and use a free pc 'boosting' or other supposed performance-enhancing program in future - DONT! Registry cleaners are a no-no as well! 

Sorry to diverse away slightly from your original query....just a bit of 'advice' (if you can call it that! lol) from a fellow novice!

Edited by robby501, 29 May 2015 - 08:19 AM.

Im a rookie and purely recreational pc user. Im utterly obsessed with security (even though I consider myself a safe and law-abiding internet user!) and run a combo of the following freeware security suites.....

Windows Defender/firewall

Regular scans with Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, JRT, HitmanPro

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

Hello,

Please run these tools to see what's going on.

MiniToolbox by Farbar

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
  • List Restore Points
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

===

Security Check by screen317
  • Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Regards,
Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users