Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

It is almost my PCs birthday....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nullpersona

Nullpersona

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:59 AM

I would like to buy my computer some gifts.

Let me know what diagnostic tools will let you knw best what I have, and need.

I do a bit of everything with it, so any areas it can be improved are welcome suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

So your thinking about buying new software for your computer? Does your computer have an SSD? If it doesn’t,  I highly recommend that as a nice birthday gift for your machine. One piece of software that I really love is Speccy. It will monitor things like CPU temperature and stuff, so it could add years to the life of your machine if you use it regularly.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 GameMaster

GameMaster

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

I will always take a look at HWMonitor once in a while (free version). But, an SSD can help with boot times (albeit, I can only compare an SSD to a WD Green personally, not exactly the greatest comparison). I can, however, say that with an SSD, my PC boots up pretty quick with Windows 8.1 and I do not believe fast boot is enabled. Speccy is also a neat little tool. But, be careful what you trust when reading temps on any software. Some software can be a bit off, I hear, so it's always good to do a little research.

#4 Nullpersona

Nullpersona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:42 AM

So your thinking about buying new software for your computer? Does your computer have an SSD? If it doesn’t,  I highly recommend that as a nice birthday gift for your machine. One piece of software that I really love is Speccy. It will monitor things like CPU temperature and stuff, so it could add years to the life of your machine if you use it regularly.

I have an SSD.  I will check out speccy, thanks!

I will always take a look at HWMonitor once in a while (free version). But, an SSD can help with boot times (albeit, I can only compare an SSD to a WD Green personally, not exactly the greatest comparison). I can, however, say that with an SSD, my PC boots up pretty quick with Windows 8.1 and I do not believe fast boot is enabled. Speccy is also a neat little tool. But, be careful what you trust when reading temps on any software. Some software can be a bit off, I hear, so it's always good to do a little research.

Thanks for the word of warning.

Is there something specific either of you recommend, that provides a computer hardware/software profile, to share with people helping on this forum?

#5 GameMaster

GameMaster

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:23 PM

PCPartPicker is very nice for listing your hardware. You can just give a link to anyone and they can see your computer's specifications. This requires you to know what's in your computer though, beforehand. If you go into your profile page on Bleeping Computer, you can choose to list your configuration there, if you want to. Some people here will request a Speccy snapshot to be published when you ask for help. There are other programs they may request you to use, but none come to mind where it would be convenient for you to keep on your computer.

#6 Nullpersona

Nullpersona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

PCPartPicker is very nice for listing your hardware. You can just give a link to anyone and they can see your computer's specifications. This requires you to know what's in your computer though, beforehand. If you go into your profile page on Bleeping Computer, you can choose to list your configuration there, if you want to. Some people here will request a Speccy snapshot to be published when you ask for help. There are other programs they may request you to use, but none come to mind where it would be convenient for you to keep on your computer.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/LBCoqlsGFwuyXs0TZ357n72

How is that?

#7 GameMaster

GameMaster

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:08 PM

That PC is pretty good, as far as I can tell. But, I feel PCPartPicker is more clean for showing your build to people. For instance, looking at the published snapshot, I can tell your CPU is an i7, easily, but I have to dig a little more to find out what the specific model is in that system. Furthermore, there is a lot of unnecessary information there like what system services are running. Also, I don't know what case, PSU, or how many fans you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users