Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HMD Section

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nullpersona

Nullpersona

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

With the growing population of head-mounted device owners, issues are sure to arise that could use the expertise of members of this community.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,594 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:48 AM

Are you talking about HMD like the GoPro? If so, I don't think I've ever seen any thread related to GoPro or any other HMD devices here on BleepingComputer. Can you list some threads that are related to them or?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Nullpersona

Nullpersona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

Are you talking about HMD like the GoPro? If so, I don't think I've ever seen any thread related to GoPro or any other HMD devices here on BleepingComputer. Can you list some threads that are related to them or?

I mean like the Oculus and other head mounted display and sensor devices.

Technically a GoPro can be used as an HMD camera, but the term is more often applied to displays, and positional tracking systems.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,594 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

Well, can you link a few threads that are related to the subject here? Threads that were posted on BleepingComputer?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Nullpersona

Nullpersona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

Well, can you link a few threads that are related to the subject here? Threads that were posted on BleepingComputer?

I see I was a bit premature with the suggestion.  I believe in a "If you build it, they will come." philosophy.
After all, I only found this forum because there was something related to what I was looking for already present.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,594 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

I'm not part of the Staff, so I don't speak in BleepingComputer's name but mine. And your suggestion is the same as this one here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574942/portable-apps-programs/

If there's no activity for a subject, there's no reason to create a section for it. Usually, you create sections on a forum for a subject that have activity, but doesn't belong in the section where it's posted (but it's the closest in term of relation), or the activity is so big that it cluster a full section with it and you wish to separate the threads. Right now, I don't see any activity for HMD on BleepingComputer and unless it starts picking up, I doubt they'll create a section dedicated to it right now.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users