Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggest me any software to convert Word file to PDF format

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 johnalbert88

johnalbert88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:07 AM

Hi,

I want to convert word document to pdf format by using any convesion software. So, I am looking for it. If anybody have any idea about it. Please suggest here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:31 AM

John,

This will do the trick quite nicely.  Use it or have used it myself.  And, bonus, it's free.

Cheers,
Drew

thO622AIFO_zpsncnl0jup.jpg

Edited by Drew1903, 29 May 2015 - 12:32 AM.

#3 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:56 AM

Right within Word, give this a go: http://m.wikihow.com/Convert-a-Microsoft-Word-Document-to-PDF-Format

🎉 Hope it works for you!
P.S. What version of Word are you using?

#4 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:25 PM

The word processor in Corel Office will make the conversion if you choose it to.   Corel Office is a commercial consumer product, so not free.

#5 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

Word can do it. Within ms word there is a function to export the .doc file you have open as a .pdf file. It is located near the "save as" options.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:38 AM

Hi johnalbert88 :)

If you want, you can use "CutePDF Writer" (free) which allows you to convert a Word file to a PDF, by "printing" it using a logical printer. For more information, you can check the link below.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 Smorton1951

Smorton1951

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

Is cutepdf safe to use?  It now seems to come with baggage (toolbars, etc). 

I would like to use it but is comes with free things that are harmful I think.

Am I wrong?

Thanks

SM

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:01 PM

CutePDF is safe to use, yes. Simply opt-out the programs it offers during the installation process and you'll be good. I'm using it on all my computers.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 Smorton1951

Smorton1951

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:56 PM

I downloaded CutePDF which I used to use and like.  You also need the converter I beleive.  The converter, when ran through Virus Total gives 2 scary looking Trojans, Trojan.Malware.Obscu.Gen.001 and Trojan.Win32.A.Dynamer.5254656[h].  But VirusTotal indicates:  Probably harmless! There are strong indicators suggesting that this file is safe to use.

Do you use the converter also?

I am a little reluctant to use it because of this but it is probably safe.

Any other thoughts before I install it?

Thank you.

Smorton

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:57 PM

I don't use the converter but the detections are false positives (they are generic ones). From which companies are these detections?

unite_blue.png

#11 Smorton1951

Smorton1951

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:23 PM

I thought you had to use the converter.  Are you using the free or professional version?  The companies are ByteHero and ViRobot.

Thanks

SM

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:17 AM

I use the CutePDF Writer to print the documents into PDF files and it works for me. And these are two "unknown" Antivirus companies so I wouldn't worry about these detections.

unite_blue.png

#13 Smorton1951

Smorton1951

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

I think you have to install the converter: 

* CutePDF Writer requires PS2PDF converter. Get a free converter here.

This is from their website.

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:21 AM

You do have to install it, but that option is offered during the installation of CutePDF Writer so simply agree to it and it'll download and install it automatically.

unite_blue.png

#15 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:31 AM

Can you not just use an online converter like http://convertonlinefree.com/ or save as PDF or Print as PDF.

Other than that go with Aura suggestions he´s my mentor (he doesnt know it yet) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users