Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gigabyte HD 7950 Installed, but Monitor is Unresponsive

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Black Collar

Black Collar

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

Ok I always wanted to put up my own pc so a few months ago i started collecting parts and i have finally finished however when i plug in my gpu nothing is displayed on my screen can anyone help me

My Specs are

AMD phenom 965 black edition

ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

8GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-10666 RipjawsX

Samsung HDD ( has nothing installed )

gigabyte hd 7950 3GB

Corsair RM750W

Im trying to connect it to a samsung smart tv i tried using both the hdmi and dvi slots on the gpu but still said no signal

Edited by Black Collar, 28 May 2015 - 09:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

Did you connect the two PCI-E power connectors to the video card? Does the system past the POST test? Does the motherboard give any alerts or error codes?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Black Collar

Black Collar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:24 AM

my power button on my case is working fan control is working led fans are working fans on the gpu are working no error noises or sounds

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

Don't want this to sound insulting, but did you make sure the TV is on the correct input setting? You know, going into Menu and selecting which input for the TV. I mention this because I've had my puter hooked to a TV for a few years and when I switched it to a new one, I forgot to check the input. :blink:

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

"Collecting parts"...does that mean these are not new, unused components?  Is there any way that you have verified that all components should be in good working order?

Louis

#6 Black Collar

Black Collar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

yes i have checked the tv input settings i use this tv everyday with my laptop also the card was removed from a working machine which i myself witnessed working but everything apart from my cooler isnt new and well i got my board straight from the box so i dont know what could be wrong which is why im asking :(

Edited by Black Collar, 29 May 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#7 Black Collar

Black Collar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:27 PM

i found the issue.....my ram stick was the cause i swtiched it out with a different one and everything works great

#8 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:19 AM

Glad to hear it.

I've got to try and remember what caused it. :blink:

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users