Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gigabyte HD 7950 Installed, but Monitor is Unresponsive

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Black Collar

Black Collar

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

Ok I always wanted to put up my own pc so a few months ago i started collecting parts and i have finally finished however when i plug in my gpu nothing is displayed on my screen can anyone help me

My Specs are

AMD phenom 965 black edition

ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

8GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-10666 RipjawsX

Samsung HDD ( has nothing installed )

gigabyte hd 7950 3GB

Corsair RM750W

Im trying to connect it to a samsung smart tv i tried using both the hdmi and dvi slots on the gpu but still said no signal

Edited by Black Collar, 28 May 2015 - 09:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

Did you connect the two PCI-E power connectors to the video card? Does the system past the POST test? Does the motherboard give any alerts or error codes?

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Black Collar

Black Collar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:24 AM

my power button on my case is working fan control is working led fans are working fans on the gpu are working no error noises or sounds

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

Don't want this to sound insulting, but did you make sure the TV is on the correct input setting? You know, going into Menu and selecting which input for the TV. I mention this because I've had my puter hooked to a TV for a few years and when I switched it to a new one, I forgot to check the input. :blink:

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,388 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

"Collecting parts"...does that mean these are not new, unused components?  Is there any way that you have verified that all components should be in good working order?

Louis

#6 Black Collar

Black Collar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

yes i have checked the tv input settings i use this tv everyday with my laptop also the card was removed from a working machine which i myself witnessed working but everything apart from my cooler isnt new and well i got my board straight from the box so i dont know what could be wrong which is why im asking :(

Edited by Black Collar, 29 May 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#7 Black Collar

Black Collar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:27 PM

i found the issue.....my ram stick was the cause i swtiched it out with a different one and everything works great

#8 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:19 AM

Glad to hear it.

I've got to try and remember what caused it. :blink:

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users