- Problem started around May 11 or 12
- Chrome tabs crash occasionally throughout the day, had a single crash of world of warcraft and of chrome.
- Chrome extensions some times crash (less often than the tabs crashing)
- Occasional IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSODs (happened about 4-5 times since the crashes started and haven't had any in the past 4 days. All happened while chrome was running)
- Hardware acceleration is turned off.
Had a single firefox crash but I am uncertain if it is related, planning to try switching to firefox instead of chrome and see if there are crashes with firefox as well. Crashes with firefox as well.
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz (Was overclocked at 4.0GHz)
(2x 4GB) 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68X-UD3H-B3
MSI R9 280X Gaming 3G (It's refurbished had it since April 22)
240GB Crucial_CT240M500SSD1 ATA Device (SSD)
1TB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00ZF5A0 ATA Device (SATA)
GS700 — 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified Power Supply
2013 Razer DeathAdder
What I've Tried/Done (In order):
- Tried running chrome in incognito mode, added a new person with no extensions (crashes still happened)
- Reseated memory
- Ran prime95 for an hour, @ 4.0GHz OC max temp was 68c and no crashes.
- restored cpu overclock to stock
- Ran memtest for 2 passes with no errors.
- Ran "sfc /scannow", it was unable to fix some files.
- Ran Malwarebytes, Windows defender, Adwcleaner, and hitmanpro. (few hits in chrome temp data, removed those files)
- Formatted hardrive and reinstalled windows
- Ran "chkdsk /f", 0 KB in bad sectors.
- Ran driver verifier, msi afterburner driver caused crash at start up (removed it)
- Ran driver verifier, crashed while watching a youtube video on chrome from driver 88d79cdf_a4bf_4bfc_9cf0_c9ca4be1a6fb.sys (searched computer and couldn't find it, and nothing showed up on google)
- Installed motherboard drivers
- Installed AMD driver 14.12, instead of the 15.4 beta driver from before I reinstalled windows.
- Ran Malwarebytes, Windows defender, Adwcleaner, and hitmanpro again. (nothing found)
- Ran memtest for 5 passes with no errors.
- Ran prime95 for an hour, max temp was 64c and no crashes.
- Played The Witcher 3 for 6 hours and no problems.
Switched page file from ssd to hdd, only had one tab crash since I did it (not sure if it helped or if it was unrelated as the crashes are normally unpredictable.)May 27, Did not help just got a MEMRY MANAGEMENT BSOD May 28 17:54 PST
Edited by littleking, 28 May 2015 - 07:54 PM.