Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im dissabled (black screen white curser) need fixed for online food shopping.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GreekEnigma

GreekEnigma

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

Hi Please Help (I Think ive posted this in correct thread if not please move to correct one)

Ok basically a few years ago my brother got a packard bell tn36 laptop that we share

it came with windows vista and a free upgrade to windows 7 pro when realeast

But when we went to upgrade for free on packard bell site it said out of time (we had no clue there was a time limit for the free upgrade to windows 7,which is out of order!)

so my brother download a windows 7 from demoinoid years ago from a user called zarko (i think cant remember uploaders name)

im just being honest! , we dont feel guilty as we had paid for a licence in a way!

anyway ive been iffy using it as it was from demoinoid,

but avast * malwarebytes showed no issues, allthough i guess the person uploaded it could of put things in bad places (ive been using this windows for years,is it safe??)

anyway its worked fine for years

BUT!

a few weeks ago my brother came in saying the laptop isnnt working BLACK SCREEN WHITE CURSER.

im dissabled and dont have the money for a laptop at present so borrow my brothers (he lives with me) so i can have shopping delivered

anyway ive googled a lil bit and put kapaskey 10 recovery on usb boot (said no threats found)

also used the registry editer to check explorer.exe was in the shell thingy (it was)

startup repair find nothing and system restore says no restore points for some reason ??????????????

The only thing i think i  can do is make a  ubuntu usb bootabe usb drive and transer all things needed onto a external hard drive and then clean install windows 7 ( which i really dont want to do unless completely needed)

can someone help with this issue thankyou.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

As you haven't paid for a copy of Win7, there's not much we can do here.

I'd suggest that you backup your data and wipe the computer in order to install the original Vista on it.
Should that give you problems, we'll be able to help with that.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users