Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media streaming will not turn on

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

I am having difficulty with a Windows Store app, AV Remote.  I cannot get it to play any videos, including my own from OneDrive and others from YouTube.  I may have tracked the problem to 'Windows streaming is not turned on' and 'Sharing Service failed to start  Error 1068'.  I have changed the WMP Services entry from Manual to Automatic (just guessing this might be needed?) but the result is exactly the same .  The Trouble Shooter detects 'configuration might be set incorrectly' and says  'reset default WMP settings' but is unable to make corrections.

A search for the error on the internet suggested a problem with a dll and took me to site which suggested I download a system / registry cleaner which it tried to sell to me in an unethical or at least annoying way.  Is MS really associated with these dodgy outfits which claim be 'Windows partners'  and part of the MS Help service?  Anyway, I used three registry cleaners I already had, not expecting any benefit --- and I got what I expected!

What should I do to eliminate the problem?

(I did not select Bold above but every time I clicked Enter the font size increased significantly. Bold seems to be the lesser of the irritants).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users