Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Desktop Backgrounds not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

I have a Gateway latptop running Windows 7 Home Premium.  It has 4 gigs of ram and a 500 gig hard drive.  I have had other Windows 7 computers that were able to use the personalize feature in order to select images that are quite nice to view.  The photographs that are available are outstanding.

If I choose one of the Windows Background themes that came with the computer (using personalize...) I have no problem.  The images will change in the same way that a slide show changes with the time setting.  I have used picture from my picture file and made a slide show that also works well.

When I choose to go to "other themes online" the various desktop themes come up.  When you check details it does not give you the option to continue viewing additional pictures from the theme.  This is the first time I've seen this problem.  If you try to install the theme it doesn't install.

If anyone has had this problem and has an idea how I can fix It, I would sure welcome any ideas.

Thanks for much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

It's been a while since I used Windows 7, but if this is an image in "Pictures" try right clicking on the image you want to use, the option to "Set as desktop backdrop" may be available.  It is in Windows 8.1.  Just checked, these instructions work in Windows 7 as well.

Edited by dc3, 28 May 2015 - 03:02 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

This is not the question that I have. I know you can right click on an image and have it set as the desktop background. What I am talking about is the desktop themes. You can go to the desktop and then click on personalize. Once the screen open up you can use the standard background themes that are there. Some have several images that you can rotate (like a slide show). You can set the time before the next slide would come up. There is also a box where you can click to get more themes on line. I have always been able to go there and choose from several different types of themes (flower, waterfalls, animals, birds, etc.0 You are given the option to view all of the pictures in the theme. Then if you like them you can choose to install. Once installed you can choose to eliminate any pictures you don't want. You can also set the time.

The problem that I am having is that on this Gateway Laptop, I do not have the option to review all of the images in the theme. I've gone ahead and tried to download the theme anyway and it doesn't work.

Any ideas would be GREAT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users