Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Hangs During Loading

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 theonlybuster

theonlybuster

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

I have a computer in my office that occasionally hangs when it comes to loading Outlook.  That is to say, the user will attempt to open Outlook and it sits on the loading screen FOREVER.  We've literally left it for hours and returned and it's STILL on the loading screen.  The only solution would be to reboot the entire computer, simply logging out and logging back in will not work. 
Just curious if anyone else has gone through this type situation and what was done to fix it. 

It should be stated that this is an office computer, so I'd rather not do anything too crazy.  Additionally office policy dictates that all employees use Outlook, so using another software is simply out of the question. 

So far, I've removed all the add-on additional software once installed alongside Outlook (DropBox, etc) and still the problem remains.  I'm considering removing Outlook and reinstalling it, but figured I'd reach out for other options as the user does not want to re-set up his rules and various settings. 

Program: Outlook 2010 v14

Let me know if any additional info is needed. 

Edit: Subject should have read "Outlook hangs during loading"

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 May 2015 - 09:48 AM.
changed subject title

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:55 PM

Check the size of the mailbox. Large .pst or .ost files can cause this problem. There's probably a size limit on the mailbox -- most companies impose limits to keep the mail server from becoming too full. If the mailbox is too full, have the user delete or archive older emails.

If that's not an issue, try doing a repair install of Office. Go to Control Panel>Programs, select Office and in the menu options at the top select repair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users