Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Hosting that includes audio

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kimberly10716

kimberly10716

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

Hi,

I need some help in deciding which hosting plan would be the best for my website. I know coding ... I just don't know if I need hosting for mp3's ( several minutes to sample product ...audio ) I don't think I need streaming since, the product I have can be recorded and uploaded for customers. A little confused and I sure need some advice, since I also need to get the right hosting company in order to point my dns once  and not have to be changing and causing more problems.

I need:

1) web site (I can do) to where user clicks button for sample listening...

2) once order is received, ability to customize audio and send to customer, perhaps as a download.

3) I have paypal already

Thanks for any suggestions.  Kimberly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

Hi Kimberly10716,

There are a couple of things to consider ..

How big the sample
Are there many of such samples to choose from

If one user is clicking it's one thing, however at times it may fluctuate between 1 , 13, 20 or 100 people simultaneously 
The more people clicking eats at resourses

Traffic and size of the sample would be the driving factors in my decision.

Where I host there is basic, deluxe, ultimate and VPS
I have been using the Deluxe Linux Hosting for years hosting multiple websites with no down time or problems.

The basic is a good base, if you decide you need more there is a resource meter on the dashboard.

You can work with several servers tethered together in a shared environment on a Virtual Private server VPS

Another thing to consider is the user interface..You have the coding so I think you have that part down.

Changing your DNS should not be an issue its just the populating of the DNS zone file with the correct address

EDIT:
24/7 customer support (real people) is also important when you need it

Edited by Martel, 27 May 2015 - 09:28 PM.

#3 kimberly10716

kimberly10716
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

Thank you for your reply drfixup...I'm going to have a pretty basic website about hypnosis with a button to listen to a generalized relaxation sample, around 3 or 4 mins, then the user could have the option to order a customized download. Being a new site I really don't think it will be that busy to start... Would you suggest uploading a generalized mp3 to server and then again upload customize order, with a link to be email to customer? Streaming audio is a little overkill at this point, isn't it? I just want to make sure I get the correct hosting plan for my purposes. Thanks again for all your input.

#4 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:07 PM

There are some players out there that will allow you to drip in clips from Sound Cloud. Google Sound Cloud player.

If you are using Wordpress you can use something like WP Download manager with WooCommerce or similar to do the buy aspect.
Otherwise, probably wiser to just use a service like iTunes, Google Music, or Amazon.

#5 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

Well, I don't know if what I'll say here is relevant to you, but couldn't you use a video hoster for this, and just slap a picture on the video that doesn't change?  You can make those things easily using Windows Movie Maker  (or in Linux, kdenlive , which has a similar interface).  I do it routinely.

So videohoster is needed next.  Like, Youtube or vimeo?  I make a TON of videos, many of them audio only, as my subscribers prefer to download the audio (as mp3) and then listen while they drive to work or whatever (25% or more of my subscribers use mobile).  You can customize the video description, make playlists, etc.  and in that provide an option for emailing.. both Youtube and vimeo allow links in the description.  Then you can embed those videos or playlists in your own webpages .

Both Youtube and vimeo offer 'free' accounts, plus vimeo allows you to have more options in paid accounts.  Of the two, vimeo offers more customization, so I use that now, freezing my older Youtube stuff for my subscribers there.

One thing of importance: if you make them into videos, Google will tend to sort them at the top of its list on search, especially if you use Youtube or vimeo.  Helps your customers find them faster.

Edited by brainout, 15 July 2015 - 09:57 AM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users