Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Operations are in progress." Please Wait message

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:42 AM

I have had this message show up when shutting down my computer.  I'm running Windows 8.1.  It doesn't seem to create any problem but I don't know if this is the result of a Windows Update or what.  The message goes on to say "The Machine will be turned off automatically after the operations are complete."

Thanks for any insight into why I am getting this message.  I've googled it but have only found it may be due to a failed update.  I've checked and all updates for

this system have been successful.  Where I have had a failed update it is because it is not for this system.

Thanks again!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:49 AM

Hi JazzMahn :)

Are you using Acronis TrueImage by any chance?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

Yes I am.  I've used Acronis for several years and have never experienced this problem.

I am teaching today and do not have access to my computer.  Any light you could shed on this

would be most appreciated.

Thanks ever so much.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:33 AM

If you're using Acronis True Image like I am, turn off your cloud-update/syncing operations.  Don't reactivate until BC folks give you the go ahead.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

It's a known issue with Acronis True Image. They have an article on their website explaining the issue, what happens, and how you can solve it.

https://kb.acronis.com/content/19016

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users