Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 on XP with Virtual Disk

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:05 AM

Windows 10 on XP with Virtual Disk

I have just seen a reference to a free download of Virtual Disk software that will run Windows 10 on a Windows XP machine. Does anyone know anything about this, especially system requirements and other restrictions? I will look for further information on it and report.

clayto

Edited by hamluis, 27 May 2015 - 08:11 AM.
Moved from XP to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:49 AM

Provide reference pls, I would like to see what they claim.

But anyway, I would think it unlikely you will find any hardware setup that would run XP optimally AND Win10 optimally. For me, there would be no point having Win10 without the bells and whistles.

#3 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:05 AM

see  http://wind8apps.com/run-windows-xp-windows-10/

If as I now understand it, you have to have W7 or  W8 on the same computer as WXP why would you want to upgrade XP via a Virtual Disc rather than just upgrade the W7 / W8?

clayto

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

Unless my brain is misfiring again...that link refers to running a virtual XP on a Windows 10 system...not the reverse.

Louis

#5 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

It is my brain that has misfired, not yours.  I thought at first I had just copied the wrong link but I have read through the article the link leads to and clearly remember some of the phrases in it ---- quite how I made the mistake I do not know (perhaps it was subliminal wishful thinking?).  My  apologies.

clayto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users