Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error message, Internet related, cannae find a fix!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tankgrrrrl

Tankgrrrrl

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:07 AM

Not all the time, but too much of the time (esp. as I work from home), I am getting THIS error message and am unable to access all/most websites:

"Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding."

The computer also often runs slow just before this problem hits and the above message comes up when I run the troubleshooter.

I use CCleaner and Malwarebytes regularly. (Avira has refused to update since this issue started, too.)

I moved house recently: had landlord's BT service first 10 days with no issues; when transferred over to Plusnet, issues started and have not stopped. May of course be coincidence. Hmm.  :unsure:

In addition to cleaning and anti-malware-ing and stuff, I've cleared the cache, done those things I don't understand but which are recommended which involve releasing and renewing ipconfig and other related cmds, and even carried out a system restore as I wondered if it was related to that problematic batch of windows updates in mid-May.

The system restore got rid of the issue for a good few days, but it's been back again - just the same - for the last few...

Any ideas, please? Thank you for reading. 

Edited by Tankgrrrrl, 27 May 2015 - 05:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Angoid

Angoid

• Security Colleague
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

Hi Tankgrrrrl,

A quick Google search got me here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/your-computer-appears-to-be-correctly-configured/7f17002a-e301-48be-ae76-9f45ffa60874

Take a look at the solutions provided there and let us know if it helps at all!

Helping a loved one through a mental health issue?  Remember ALGEE...

Assess the risk | Listen nonjudgementally | Give reassurance and info | Encourage professional help | Encourage self-help and support network

#3 Tankgrrrrl

Tankgrrrrl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:02 AM

Thank you very much for your reply. I shall try Method 2 from that post - it sounds promising... (I've tried the other 2, but then I also failed to locate this post despite searching the microsoft.com forums!!!).

Will post here if it works out  :wink:

#4 Tankgrrrrl

Tankgrrrrl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

Nooooo! Did it. It worked fine for a bit. But now the same problem is back already (...and yes, I did method 1 (for the umpteenth time) and also Method 3, just to be thorough...)

I have a tried quite a few things. It always seem okay for a bit, then slow/won't load some pages (or only loads them partially), then ultimately pages won't load at all and the troubleshooter tells me what I wrote in my OP here... any further ideas welcome.

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users