Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Strange Problem With Burning Cds

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:01 AM

I use Windows Media Player 10 for burning CDs, however I used to be able to put the speed at 52x or higher, but now when i set the speed to 52x or higher, my computer just stuck there with weird sounds and I would have to force reboot and set the speed down to 16x in order to burn CDs.

I have no idea why the problem is?

can anyone help?

this only happened a few months ago.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:49 AM

Is the media (CD) you are burning to capable of being burned at those speeds? Even if your hardware can burn at that speed, it doesn't help if your media is incompatible.

Posted Image

#3 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:48 AM

the funny thing is I always use the same blank CDs, which I used to be able to burn them at the speed 52x or higher, isn't that strange?

#4 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:27 PM

How old is the CD drive you're trying to burn to? Hardware does run out, sometime faster than you would expect. Depending on how often you use the drive (both reading and writing) it could burn out relatively quickly. My last DVD-RW drive burned out in less than 2 years. It's possible that the drive could jsut be getting old.

Posted Image

#5 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

oh my god, r u serious? damn then i better get a new cd drive then. sigh~~

#6 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

I wouldn't go out and buy one just bacuase of what I said. Find a second PC (on of your own or a friends maybe) and hook their drive up to your computer. If that one starts giving the same problems, it's probably not the drive. If a second one works fine, then getting a new drive wouldn't hurt.

Posted Image

#7 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:10 PM

ok, thanx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users