Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Tuneup Maestro by Compuclever

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 whd90s

whd90s

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:31 PM

I picked up a Gateway Netbook from a friend.  It is running Windows 7 Starter.  I noticed that it has a program called PC Tuneup Maestro installed.  It is some form of malware that will not let you remove it from the computer.  Tried uninstalling it both in regular mode and safe mode.  No luck, it just brings up a purchase page every time you try to uninstall it.  Tried to stop it from booting up at startup but it is not even listed in the startup but every time you turn the netbook on, it starts scanning.  Looked online and lots of recommendations by other third party companies who want you to use their uninstaller.  Hoping someone can give me the straight answer so I can rid this thing from the netbook.  I am comfortable editing the registry if need be.  Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 whd90s

whd90s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

Solved my own problem.  Kept searching for a solution and found one with Revo Uninstaller.  Worked great and got rid of the pesky beast entirely.

#3 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,858 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:25 AM

Hello whd90s and welcome to BC

Glad you got the problem solved. If you feel there are any other problems please go to this page and download and run the requested program and start a new topic. We'll be glad to help.

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#4 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,858 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:25 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users