Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft re-re-re-issues controversial Windows 10 patch KB 3035583

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

Against a backdrop of increasing concern for Microsoft's patching ways, the re-appearance of KB 3035583 does not inspire confidence

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:46 AM

Just like every time I've seen it before I'll be rejecting it into the "hidden" list, and never letting my updates go full auto therefore giving me the chance to check for nasty ones like these before they can install. Note that 8.0 users do not get bugged with this, only 8.1 and 7 users are affected.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:10 PM

Yea, I was surprised because I thought I hid that update already and then it pops up again like a bad weed. I too set my updates to only notify then I wait a week or so because lately Microsoft has put out some bad patches. Wonder what is going to happen with Windows 10 where Microsoft says they will be doing rapid updates using peer to peer? I see a whole lot of not good.

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 May 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#4 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

It has happened recently that hidden updates do re-appear. It happens for this one (and some associtaed ones) on windows 8.1, it happens for KB2871389 (and some which follow it) on windows 8.0. Keep updates on "notify only" (named "Check automatically but let me choose whether to download and install them" in "windows updates" in "control panel") and you should be safe from things like this, just make sure to check if nasty updates are bundled as part of monthly "update rollout" packages or included by default with other updates.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users