A little background info:
- I had a friend of mine build this PC for me a few days ago, its custom.
- This is the motherboard I bought (new): Z-97A
- I did a lot of upgrades so we had to do a custom install, I chose the default location to the same drive as my original W7 OS was on.
- I installed all the drivers that came with the motherboard and all windows updates.
- Even if they are not recognized the devices still get power (like my phone will charge but the PC doesnt know what it is or even see it as unknown)
- While gaming 2 nights ago one of my presumed dead USB ports that didnt read my Sennheiser headsets randomly began to read it & automatically installed drivers for it after I was initially unable to get it to detect before. So it just kinda came "alive" on its own you could say
I've attached screenshots of my devices and printers and device manager
4 weird things about the devices and printers list:
- You will see in devices and printers it says I have 3 Keyboards, I only have the one on the far left.
- I Only have 1 Playstation controller
- When my Sennheisers were detected I immediately installed the drivers for them from their website but now it shows up as "Unspecified". Before my reinstall of windows I am pretty sure it listed in the devices category with a picture of the headset.
- The JAYUP-PC is my computer name of my current and previous PC, not sure why it shows up in device manager at all. It says its an ASUS device and is unrecognized when trying to have windows identify it or assign drivers to it. Its kinda weird.
There are dead ports on the front and back. I am more concerned with the USB devices not being detected rather than duplicate/weird entries but I am thinking they may have something to do with one another. Would greatly appreciate any help from you tech gurus out there before I spend a fortune at a tech shop.
Sorry if this was too long, just wanted to give as much info as I could to help you guys in helping me and all.
Edited by Soldja, 25 May 2015 - 12:32 PM.