I've been working on a design in Photoshop CS6. Then, tomorrow after that, suddenly i can't open any PSD or JPEG files, either with photoshop or any image viewer. All of my past psds/jpegs seems to have been corrupted, even the default Windows 7 wallpaper.
But, i can create a new psd/jpeg file with photoshop and they're perfectly fine.
Is this the work of some kind of virus? If there is anyone that could fix this, i would really appreciate that. Thank you very much.
Note : I have tried retrieving some psds and jpegs with recovery tools, and they fix nothing.
Also, PNG and PDF works fine prior and after. I am very confused...
Specs (why not) :
- ASUS K43SM
- Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 64-bit
- Intel Core i5-2450m 2.50ghz
- 4GB RAM
- Nvidia GeForce GT630m
Problems & Behaviours :
- Can't open any jpeg and psd made prior to the incident, even AI files doesn't work.
- They can't be opened by photoshop or any image viewer/editor.
- So far png, pdf, gif, icons works perfectly fine, dunno why
- All of my jpegs/psds seems to have been modified by "something" at the same day and the same interval time, it shows in "date modified" properties
- After i restart the laptop, i'm still able to open the new psds/jpegs i created after the incident
- Jpegs and psds in zips/rars are completely safe.
- No virus popups like in cryptorbit-lock virus
What i've tried so far :
- Restarting my laptop (ofcourse)
- Lots of Recovery Tools, don't work
- Scan with Microsoft's AntiVirus, found nothing
- Opening in Safe Mode
- Opening in illustrator and other programs, nope
- Tried Googling, found nothing
- Mourn and rage for the lost portfolio
- Even opening my files in wordpad, why not? lol
- I have no system restore.
- Unhide the extensions and hidden files, nothing's wrong
- TESTED in another computers and laptops, the file's are still corrupted. I guess i have to let go of them, but i'm afraid that it will occur again.
Kind of scary, but very interesting..