Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best GPU Under $30

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:59 AM

Hey guys. I need a really cheap graphics card to throw into this old computer I have. All I need it to do is play videos good enough to watch.

I've found these 2 on Amazon here and here.

Will one of these be good enough or does anyone know a better one for under 30 bucks?

Hulk_Tag.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Patricia Williamson

Patricia Williamson

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:58 AM

You can go with anyone of the following graphics card which prices are below $30 :-

1.HD5450

2.GT 210

3.8400 GS

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:03 AM

What is the make and model of your computer, it can make a difference in what cards you can use.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:29 PM

Considering that all three of the graphics cards Patricia suggested are PCI-E we really need to know the make and model of this computer.  It could possibly only take PCI or AGP cards.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Patricia Williamson

Patricia Williamson

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

Considering that all three of the graphics cards Patricia suggested are PCI-E we really need to know the make and model of this computer.  It could possibly only take PCI or AGP cards.

According to me PCI graphics card are extremely bandwith limited and It is not proper for gaming purpose.If your CPU is dual core than use of Radeon HD 4670 AGP cards is perfect for you.I personally have this card in my computer and it can play modern games as well videos at lower graphical settings.

#6 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:25 AM

Hey guys, seeing as the graphics cards I listed are PCI, then PCI. Lol.

Thanks Patricia. That 4670 is a good choice. I was able to find it on Ebay for only 22 bucks! I'll be going with this one. Many thanks.

Hulk_Tag.png

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,404 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

You haven't posted anything regarding the make and model of this computer or the motherboard.  Without this information those posting in this topic have no idea what type/s of expansion slots are available.  Please post this information so that suggestions for compatible graphics cards can be made.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Stantofix

Stantofix

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:31 PM

I think that hd 5450 is the best choice here (dx11 support is required for some of the latest games). Of course, if you have a PCI-E slot on your motherboard.

#9 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:46 PM

You can go with anyone of the following graphics card which prices are below $30 :-

1.HD5450

2.GT 210

3.8400 GS

I used the 8400 GS to upgrade my decade old PC a while ago and it served me well. It could even do some light gaming!

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users