Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

technicolor tc8305c ip change

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 joe500

joe500

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:22 AM

hello i am using a technicolor tc8305c modem with comcast and the dhcp is enabled but the ip address just wont change and yes i tried runing cmd ipconfig / release and ipconfig / renew now i am trying to change the mac address of the router to get a new ip address so how would i go about this?

Edited by hamluis, 01 July 2015 - 10:52 AM.
Moved from External Hardware to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:56 AM

First off, why do you want to change your IP address?

You'll have to connect to the router and it should be one of the settings.  You will need to power off the modem after you change the MAC address.

#3 joe500

joe500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:08 PM

hello sorry i havent replied in a while the reason i want to change my ip address i need to access a site where i think they banned my ip address and i tried looking for where the mac address would be but i cant find it

Edited by joe500, 28 June 2015 - 09:09 PM.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:01 AM

You have to disconnect your modem for anywhere from 24 to 48 hours and even that may not get you a new IP address.

#5 joe500

joe500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:29 AM

so changing the mac address wont change anything?

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:35 AM

Your IP address is provided to you by your ISP.  YOU don't normally get to change that regardless of if you are able to change your MAC address.  What killroy suggested is true.  You can try to take your modem out of the DHCP pool for a day or two and sometimes you can even call your ISP and request they change your IP address (but sometimes they can't or won't) Getting IP banned by a website or service does not provide easy ways to circumvent their ban.  Sometimes you need to try and contact the web admin and work towards a solution.

#7 joe500

joe500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:20 AM

but the ip address is dynamic but for some reason it wont change

#8 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

No it isnt...YOUR LOCAL IP address is dynamic but the IP address of your cablemodem is ASSIGNED by your ISP.

Maybe you will get a more desired response if posting your issue in a more appropriate section of the forum Networking

Edited by YeahBleeping, 01 July 2015 - 10:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users