Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer keeps restarting??

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 jdm1677

jdm1677
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

ALSO, when I shut off the computer at night Windows often wants to do an update before shut down. I think it's possible that maybe a while ago my computer could have restarted in the middle of an update. That could be a problem too 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Dualcomm

Dualcomm

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:56 PM

If you don't move your mouse/use keyboard for a long period of time it would go into Sleep Mode. However you said it reboots completely, and that you also said it reboots while watching youtube, i'd have to rule that out. I'm not sure.

#18 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,763 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

If you don't move your mouse/use keyboard for a long period of time it would go into Sleep Mode. However you said it reboots completely, and that you also said it reboots while watching youtube, i'd have to rule that out. I'm not sure.

This would be dependent on the Power Options which have been applied to this computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#19 jdm1677

jdm1677
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

Yeah I do have it set to go into sleep mode. There have been times when it doesn't wake up after being in sleep mode. Sometimes it will also do an improper shutdown in sleep mode. Otherwise, my main issue is just the restarts, specifically on Youtube, this is where it always happens. This is a major problem considering that I don't have cable or satellite, I just watch Youtube. It doesn't restart immediately, I can usually watch anywhere from 1-10 videos before it restarts. 

#20 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,763 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

It seems that everyone form Microsoft to your six removed cousin has an opinion for dealing with this problem.

Here's an option which may work well for this problem.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png, then type devmgmt.msc in the Search programs and files box, then Press enter.

When the Device Manager opens, scroll down to the Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Right click on the USB Root Hub, select Properties.

Click on the Power Management tab.  Remove the check from the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power box.  Then click OK.

Do this with the rest of the Root Hubs.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users