Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Might have been hacked by internet troll?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wisecracker

wisecracker

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:33 PM

I was using an app on my phone to meet people to talk to through the phone (no phone number is exchanged) i only used it two nights in a row and only had a 1-3 decent conversations one of which was last night. The app started to mess up so we exchanged Skypes. I'm usually very careful with my privacy on the internet but for reason I decided to use my real name on this account but my skype username had my internet alias. the app and Skypes usernames are very similar. These details are kinda important..

Anyways we spoke on voice call for awhile, they exchanged two YouTube links and I watched them both. Didn't appear to be malicious. We ended the call eventually and at the end before I left they sent a selfie which was automatically downloaded thanks to skype settings. I didn't want to be rude so I sent one back, exchanged good byes.

Here's where it gets bad..I got back on the app just before going to bed out of boredom. Someone under a different name picked up and started talking. Called me by my real name and alias on Skype. Then told me two more details one I had mentioned to the other guy the other I hadn't which makes me think they hacked into my account or computer. They sounded very confident and were trying to scare me. This person sounded much different from the other person. Idk if it's they are connected or that it's someone else entirely. All I know is I'm very uncomfortable and I don't know how to proceed with my computer.

I know this is all very confusing probably. I have changed my skype and one other social media account that they could easily use. what else should I do?

I hope this is the right forum for this :/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users