Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some help / advice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rookie1

Rookie1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

Hey,
Im building My first computer and i have choosen some stuff now here they are

GeForce strix 980
Coolermaster haf 912 mid tower
Intel Core i7-5820K, Socket-LGA2011-3
Crucial BX100 500GB 2.5 SSD
ASUS X99-A, Socket 2011-3
4x4 Crucial DDR4 2133MHz 4GB
Seagate barracuda 3tb

Give me some feedback, good or bad? I am not sure all the components do match please help me out!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:10 PM

I would test it for compatibility on PCPartPicker.

I started to assemble the list for you but it appears the GPU may not fit in that case and the CPU you chose doesn't come with a stock cooler. Also, what PSU did you choose?

What are you planning to use this PC for? If you plan to game a little on it but not hardcore gaming, I think the parts are a bit overkill.

Gigapouch 

Edited by gigapouch, 04 July 2015 - 07:10 PM.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

I started to assemble the list for you but it appears the GPU may not fit in that case and the CPU you chose doesn't come with a stock cooler. Also, what PSU did you choose?

What are you planning to use this PC for? If you plan to game a little on it but not hardcore gaming, I think the parts are a bit overkill.

Gigapouch 

It's overkill for 1080P, but not 1440P and above, I7-5820k is a future proof CPU because it has 15MB L3 cache, 6 cores,12 threads,3.3GHz base and 3.6GHz turbo boost,140W power consumption. So yeah which is not bad, consider it little bit cheaper compare to I7-5930k or I7-5960X. Also, it is overclocked CPU, so if you adding water cooling or superior CPU cooling onto your CPU, you can get this thing running at 4GHz or 4.5GHz overclocked, if you have a lucky lottery chip though. Also, i would drop GTX 980 and get GTX 980TI because 980TI perform close to Titan X which is $1k graphic card. Most of your parts are compatible, the only thing missing is the cooling for CPU and power supply, DO NOT USE INTEL STOCK COOLER because its cheap and not worth it, consider your CPU will use around 140W compare to my which is 88W on I7-4790k. As for the motherboard, ASUS X99-A is a sweet entrance motherboard because it support overclocked CPU and GPU. As for PSU, i would go 850W or 860W other than that it a sweet gaming PC. 

P:S: Case are not compatible, i recommend either Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case, NZXT H440 ATX Mid Tower Case, or something that have more space than your graphics card. 

Edited by JerkyMcDilerino, 04 July 2015 - 07:34 PM.

#4 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

Gigapouch 

It's overkill for 1080P, but not 1440P and above, I7-5820k is a future proof CPU because it has 15MB L3 cache, 6 cores, and 12 threads. So yeah which is not bad, consider it little bit cheaper compare to I7-5930k or I7-5960X. Also, it is overclocked CPU, so if you adding water cooling onto your CPU, you can get this thing running at 4GHz or 4.5GHz, if you have a lucky lottery chip.

I game at 1280x1024 and see no problem with that. I'm surprised it's even possible to game at above 1080p.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

Gigapouch 

It's overkill for 1080P, but not 1440P and above, I7-5820k is a future proof CPU because it has 15MB L3 cache, 6 cores, and 12 threads. So yeah which is not bad, consider it little bit cheaper compare to I7-5930k or I7-5960X. Also, it is overclocked CPU, so if you adding water cooling onto your CPU, you can get this thing running at 4GHz or 4.5GHz, if you have a lucky lottery chip.

I game at 1280x1024 and see no problem with that. I'm surprised it's even possible to game at above 1080p.

Please google or youtube GTX 980 benchmark or review.Here is the review from youtube, 

GTX 980 CAN RUN AT 4K on possible settings on majority of games, so we basically aiming for the future while PS4 and Xbox bone 1 still ways behind. 

Edited by JerkyMcDilerino, 04 July 2015 - 07:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users