Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Homepage keeps changing to MSN

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scott12345

Scott12345

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

Windows 8.1, IE 11

My homepage keeps changing back to MSN.  I do not see Bing in the list of programs to uninstall.  Anybody know how to (1) make my homepage stay put and (2) uninstall Bing?

Edited by Scott12345, 24 May 2015 - 03:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,977 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

The default home page for IE 11 is the MSN page but this is easily changed.

First of all, go to the page you want as your homepage, or a blank one if that is your preference, then click on the symbol in the very top right corner of the IE window - it looks a bit like a cog wheel. This is your 'Tools' button.

When you click on it you get a drop down box and second from the bottom you will see 'Internet options'. Click on this and in the 'General' tab in the box that opens you will see the controls for your home page. Then click the button 'Use current' and that should set the page you have selected as your home page.

Bing is not a program it is a search engine and since MS own it they set it as default. Go back to your 'Internet options' control panel and this time click on the 'Programs' tab and you will see a button 'Manage add-ons'. Click this and, if necessary, add the search engine of your choice to the list and disable or delete all the others, and that should remove Bing from view.

And I forgot to say - welcome to BC !

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 24 May 2015 - 05:43 PM.
Memory failure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users