Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Muscle Car Choices?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 8bit

8bit

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

I like the idea of a '50s Fairlane with the optional Blown 312 Y block. What other rides would you add?icon_smile.gif

DA1011-115011_9.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iWolarex

iWolarex

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

my personal choise would probably be a '69 Ford mustang boss 429

Spoiler

or a dodge charger R/T

Spoiler

#3 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

I learned to drive in my dad's '67 Mustang GT 390 V-8 convertible (same green color as in previous post) and my mom's '67 Chevy Caprice with a 427 V-8. Good for passing slower traffic. :)
Nice days back then.

Forgot to add.. choices? A neighbor has a beautiful Shelby 427 Cobra, always dreamed about owning one. It's in pristine shape.

Edited by r.a.d., 24 May 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

1633 Merc ?  330bhp six cylinder in-line diesel. Mind you it was a 40 ton tractor unit.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:37 PM

1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III - Carsales.com.au

Forget the merc and anything else, you cant beat a gtho.

#6 kevindd

kevindd

• Banned Spammer
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:03 AM

I am really crazy about 69 Charger. It is awesome really 

Edited by kevindd, 25 May 2015 - 05:03 AM.

#7 iWolarex

iWolarex

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:56 AM

1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III - Carsales.com.au

Forget the merc and anything else, you cant beat a gtho.

I've never heard about this car, never the less, it looks sexy as all hell *-* 

I am really crazy about 69 Charger. It is awesome really

nice ;) what do you think about the charger R/T '70 model?  

1633 Merc ?  330bhp six cylinder in-line diesel. Mind you it was a 40 ton tractor unit.

Chris Cosgrove

Isn't more of a truck than a muscle car? Anyhow it's a very uniqe choise

I learned to drive in my dad's '67 Mustang GT 390 V-8 convertible (same green color as in previous post) and my mom's '67 Chevy Caprice with a 427 V-8. Good for passing slower traffic. :)
Nice days back then.
Forgot to add.. choices? A neighbor has a beautiful Shelby 427 Cobra, always dreamed about owning one. It's in pristine shape.

Dang, wish I can learn to drivecin such a car, currently my family is selling our old car and buying a new one. Trying to convince them to buy a old mustang

#8 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:17 PM

@iWolarex #7.

Obviously my attempt at humour failed !  I thought I had made it clear that it was a truck - or at least the front end of an articulated truck. Still I had a very intense relationship with it since I basically lived in it for a three year spell running around Europe. I certainly spent more time in it than I did at home.

Not that I am really into cars or trucks. The only car I ever lusted after was an Austin Princess and that was purely because of the shape. I still think it was one of the best looking cars ever made in the UK even if the designers forgot about the legal requirement for number plates when they were designing it. But unreliable !  You couldn't keep the d*** thing in drive shafts when I finally got my hands on one. But pure drop dead gorgeous.

Chris Cosgrove

#9 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:12 PM

The 5 cars I'd want in my garage:

34' Merc would be a nice thing to own.. but I'd want an all original matching numbers car.. which is very rare these days, and expensive. 

69' Boss 429, I'd want it all original matching numbers as well, however I doubt I would ever see that :P

23' Ford T-Bucket Any motor would do as long as it gets off the line in one piece :P

If you haven't noticed by now I am a ford guy. :P

02' Ford Mustang GT - Already own, has less than 50,000 miles on it, mostly original, a few add ons and a heavy tune. Daily driver in the summers.

69' Camaro SS RS options.. would never find an all original and be able to afford it.. but one can dream - Only Camaro I'd own. 

Edited by computerxpds, 26 May 2015 - 08:12 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#10 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:47 PM

What no GTHO. It was the fastest 4door production car in the world.

$1,000,000 XY GTHO Phase 3 You must watch the clip to the end.

Edited by NickAu, 26 May 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#11 Naught McNoone

Naught McNoone

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

1954 M57 Dodge Power Wagon.  Inline Flat Six, 4x4, with a top speed of 58Mph.

Talk about muscle.  That little truck would idle uphill, fully loaded, in low gear!

Lots of options too!  My favourite option was the M40 106.

I first learned how to drive in one.

Cheers!

Naught

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users