Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vanished device manager

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hwy14

Hwy14

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:44 PM

Several days ago my device manager went missing. For the past several months I have had to constantly deal with switching the driver for one of my network adapters. The Nvidia adapter just sails along but the other with Microsoft or Realteck driver  choises is constantly showing the yellow alert icon. I change one for the other and its good for about a day or so. They both will say the digital signature can't be read. Windows update brings in another realteck driver and on it goes. I'm not computer literate enough to know why, but I figured out how to fix it (I guess). I'm now forced to go thru " printers and devices" but its limited. I can't keep an eye on all the devices. All of the short cuts exsist but a pop-up says the app. can't be found.It's still listed in the control panel, but he same pop-up, pops-up. My home network that I struggle with is non-functional.

I don't have a clue, does anyone else?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GameMaster

GameMaster

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

Hello Hwy14,

Which version of Windows do you have? Also, when you say Device Manager disappeared, it won't open, correct?

Also, what do you mean by you are changing "one for the other"? May you please also link me to your network adapter's product page, if possible (if this network adapter is integrated into your motherboard, please link me to that).

If you are having trouble with this, please run Speccy (the free version will suffice). Then, go to File>Publish Snapshot then take the link and post it here.

Thanks!

Edited by GameMaster, 27 May 2015 - 07:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users