Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warning email SSL Freak from ISP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 savedrive

savedrive

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

I got an email message a month ago from my ISP saying the government had notified them that my computer was infected by SSL freak and to take action.

I checked on my TP-Link router and found my NAT firewall had port 22, 80, 443, 21, 20, 50000 & 50001 forwarded to my computer which I did not do.

I deleted the port forwards only to find them come back again.

I disabled them and they stayed disabled and then disappeared not to return.

Yesterday my internet stopped working on all the devices in my house dispite every thing seeming fine.

I restarted the modem and it worked for 30 seconds and then stopped working again.

I restored my modem to factory settings and low and behold the Port forwards returned in the NATs again.

I then went to TP-Links website and downloaded the firmware again and flashed the modem with clean firmware and reset my modem. I removed the desktop computer from the network that was being forwarded to incase that was where it was coming from. When I checked the NAT on my modem the port forwards where back again. I have another modem in the house which works fine when I hook up.

I have googled for modem virus's but there isn't a great deal of information around. Has anyone dealt with this type of thing before.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 savedrive

savedrive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

False alarm my Network drive had UPnP turned on and as soon as I reset my modem it was jumping straight in an adding the port forwards before even got a chance to turn off UPnP on my modem.

Still not sure about the internet drop out on that modem, but I will re-investigate.

No need for anyone to chime in.

Thanks for looking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users