Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

input not supported msg..

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 linked_up

linked_up

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

Here's a strange problem I'm having.  After downloading a file from ms.fixit website I lost my video screen function. 

all I get is a msg that says  input not supported ,, on a black screen.. I can hear the audio of the wins logon screen opening but no video... the prog was ( m/s fixit display quality. fisc.8835540130378659.1.3.run.exe.)..Strange thing is, I can get the screen in Safe mode.

I've tried uninstall prog.. del prog..  restore to before download..at least 6 times... checked my video drivers they seem to be ok...  I'm about ready to try a sys restore to out of box condition, do you think that would work..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

Hi linked_up :)

Doing a Factory Reset/Restore will indeed solve that issue, since you'll basically be doing a reinstallation of Windows, along with the programs that came with it when you bought your computer/laptop. May I ask why you downloaded a Microsoft FixIt? What were you attempted to solve with it? Also, it looks to me like your monitor is set to a resolution that isn't supported (higher than what it can actually display), hence the error message. It works in Safe Mode because the graphic drivers aren't loaded, so you're just using a basic display on a low resolution.

Edited by Aura., 23 May 2015 - 04:04 PM.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 linked_up

linked_up
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

i thought it would fix an issue i was having when i used the hp diaignosic program,  when i opened that program all i get is what looks like lines of compurter code instead of instructions in english...Anyway do you have ideas on how to fix it,,

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

Does your computer have on-board graphics and a graphic card, or simply on-board graphic (or simply a graphic card)?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 linked_up

linked_up
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

pretty sure its a simple graphics card I think its  nvidia geforce 6150se n force 430,   I purchased an online tech support co. for help.   ( solid techies ) have you heard of them?

they've been working on it for the past couple of days now...I've done research online they make it sound like its an easy fix..is it?

Edited by linked_up, 25 May 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

Do you have multiple video ports on your computer? Like VDA, DVI, DP, HDMI, etc.? Also, I've never heard of them, I always bought my hardware on Newegg.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#7 linked_up

linked_up
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

have 3 usb ports,  vga port, ethernet port,   tech support has come to the conclusion that I need to get a bootable cd for vista, so we can install the needed file from it..    mo-money..

Edited by linked_up, 25 May 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:34 PM

Do you have another computer/laptop? If so, you can download the Windows Vista on it and create a bootable disc or USB from there.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#9 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:06 AM

i'm pretty sure my computer has an onboard graphic card. 

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:22 AM

Hi malynensi :)

Do you have the same issue as linked_up or?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#11 linked_up

linked_up
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:05 AM

Solved my problem by doing a  "system restore"  to out of box condition.. I didn't have a lot files or added software. copied what I needed to.. Just had to go thru a few days of updates to catch-up.. I'm sure I got rid of a lot of other problems I was having also..

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

So you did a "Factory Reset/Restore" (this is how its called). Well, glad to see that your issue has been solved at least :)

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#13 linked_up

linked_up
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:36 PM

Pretty sure it was called a "system recovery"  and I did it in safe mode, takes quite awhile to complete. I think this option comes up when pc is booting up , in safe mode. or look for it in control panel.

Edited by linked_up, 29 June 2015 - 12:04 AM.

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:18 AM

It's also called like that, yes :) However, a System Restore is different from a System Recovery. This option pretty much reinstall Windows on your system and all the programs it had on it when you first bought your computer. Some manufacturers offers you the option to keep your files in the process, some don't (so everything is lost).

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users