Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change OEM Manufacturer logo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 luhseps

luhseps

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:10 PM

I am wondering how to change the Windows Logo (Surrounded by pink) to something else.
I know its possible because my Laptop, made by Lenovo, has the Lenovo logo on it, same goes for every other laptop.

The reason I have the Windows logo is because my PC is custom built.

I know how to change the logo next to the system information (Surrounded by the blue)

Hope someone can help :)

kekekee.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

Hi luhseps :)

There's a nice little tutorial on AskVG.com that shows you how to change the Windows logo.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-change-or-remove-windows-logo-from-windows-7-system-properties/

It looks a bit technical however, but you should be able to change it without any problem if you follow the instructions carefully.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 luhseps

luhseps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

Hi luhseps :)

There's a nice little tutorial on AskVG.com that shows you how to change the Windows logo.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-change-or-remove-windows-logo-from-windows-7-system-properties/

It looks a bit technical however, but you should be able to change it without any problem if you follow the instructions carefully.

I want to make this into a program in VB.net.

Is there any possible way to do so?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:01 PM

I have no idea. This is something I would ask in the Programming section. Why do you want to do such a thing if I may ask?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 luhseps

luhseps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:03 PM

I have no idea. This is something I would ask in the Programming section. Why do you want to do such a thing if I may ask?

Im making a little program called "Windows Toolkit" for fun in VB.net.
Just mods system components and things, also useful if you have viruses or admins that block access to  certain things like file exploring and registry editing.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

also useful if you have viruses or admins that block access to certain things like file exploring and registry editing.

If you use a computer, where certain functionnalities of Windows are disabled by the Admin, it's because it's meant to be that way. You shouldn't be going around these restrictions, since the computer is either not yours, or you have to respect certain conditions in order to use them. If you try to do this at work, it can lead you to being fired since you're trying to go around the security set up by the Sysadmin, while if you try to do this on a school computer, you can be expelled/suspended for tempering with material that doesn't belong to you.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#7 O.T.T.

O.T.T.

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:55 PM

I can not help you with the program you're making but...

Ultimate Windows Tweaker has a function for changing the OEM-logo and is portable.

Scan ZIP-file : Jotti Online Scan : 0/22

OTT

Please ask Google why some of my links don't work anymore !

#8 luhseps

luhseps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

also useful if you have viruses or admins that block access to certain things like file exploring and registry editing.

If you use a computer, where certain functionnalities of Windows are disabled by the Admin, it's because it's meant to be that way. You shouldn't be going around these restrictions, since the computer is either not yours, or you have to respect certain conditions in order to use them. If you try to do this at work, it can lead you to being fired since you're trying to go around the security set up by the Sysadmin, while if you try to do this on a school computer, you can be expelled/suspended for tempering with material that doesn't belong to you.

I think you'll find its quite the opposite. My teachers at school enjoy fixing everything wrong with their security as it stops people in the future from attacking them.

I can not help you with the program you're making but...

Ultimate Windows Tweaker has a function for changing the OEM-logo and is portable.

Scan ZIP-file : Jotti Online Scan : 0/22

OTT

I've got tools that do it, I guess I should just use ProcMon to work out what it does in the system and try and make a VB.net application that does it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users