Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screens and DCOM crashes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brincido

Brincido

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

So I had windows 8.1 and one day randomly I try to log in and it would only be a black screen and my mouse would show up. After hours of researching and trying what I found on the web I realized that nothing was going to fix it so I just reprogrammed my computer to windows 7 pro. With windows 7 my computer worked for about 3 days and then it just kept on crashing and getting blue screened. I forgot to download an anti virus so I just assumed it was a virus. Tried to get it out in safe mode but nothing would work so once again I reprogrammed my computer to windows 7 pro. After it worked fine I downloaded all my drivers, games I played, word, etc.. This time remembering the anti virus first. And once again about 2-3 days later I'm starting to get blue screens and once when I logged onto my computer I got a DCOM shutting down error. I don't know what's going on I've spent hours trying to fix it but I can't get it. I built my own computer. Idk what it could be I've had it for a year and a half and it just started doing this. Could it be a driver making it crash? But I haven't really updated any drivers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Jared44

Jared44

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

#3 Brincido

Brincido
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

What would that do just identify what the problem is?

#4 Jared44

Jared44

• 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

It will allow me to search through the BSOD dump file and find the cause of the crashes.

#5 Brincido

Brincido
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

I can't even get to it.. I get blue screened to quickly..

#6 ring 0

ring 0

• 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:25 AM

Boot to safe mode instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users