Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Won't Boot?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lostsoul65

lostsoul65

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

I have Acronis True Image Home 2010 PC Backup & Recovery

I have a new i5 4690 I built and it will not boot from this DVD or will it boot from a bootable DVD made by this program but this DVD Burner will boot from other DVD’s like Windows 8. Changing DVD Burners don’t matter.

I have a 1 year old laptop that will not boot from this DVD

I have a 3 year old laptop that will boot from this DVD

I have a 4 year old Desktop that will boot from this DVD and the bootable DVD I made from this program.

So is there something in the boot that only old computer will boot from and not new computers?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

IMO the backup is system specific, you may be able to pull what files you can off onto a working system.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 lostsoul65

lostsoul65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:28 AM

IMO the backup is system specific, you may be able to pull what files you can off onto a working system.

I'm just wondering if I should just get a new backup program like Ghost?

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

Acronis is very hard to beat, no matter what program you use a backup will only work with the system it was made for.  You will need to load an OS then see what you can pull out of the backup.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:10 PM

Hopefully...you will make a more current choice than Norton/Symantec Ghost, which is outdated and various versions are unsupported.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_(software)

Louis

#6 lostsoul65

lostsoul65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:10 PM

Acronis is very hard to beat, no matter what program you use a backup will only work with the system it was made for.  You will need to load an OS then see what you can pull out of the backup.

That's not the problem. Half my computer won't boot to Acronis. It's a 2010 so maybe I need to get 2015 but the problem with that is it's only good for one computer where my 2010 I can use on many computers. I'm just wondering why it won't boot to new computers but will boot to old computers?

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:19 PM

I think you are missing the point, any backup made will only reload to that system.  You cannot backup any system and move it another system it just will not work, you are beating a dead horse!

#8 lostsoul65

lostsoul65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

I finally solved the problems, Thanks for your posts

Edited by lostsoul65, 23 May 2015 - 05:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users