Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shstat - Startup Time (wxp-home)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 challadeepak

challadeepak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:08 PM

HI everyone

I recently installed MCafee. Since then my laptop's startup time has increased 50 times.

With ctrl+Alt+del i see that shstat is taking a long time at the start up.

I have a 2 Ghz Intel duo core and 2 GB RAM but my laptop start up is slower than a Intel M proccessor with 512 MB RAM.

Why is SHSTAT.exe taking such a long time? How can i avoid this?

Thank you very much in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:30 AM

SHSTAT is the general exe. for McAfee and handles the various modules inlcuded in the application. It may be, for example, that you have elected to have it scan your computer's hard drive each time you boot. I would review the various options available to the McAfee user and kill those that you do not need.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users