Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Printer fails to authenticate on WLAN

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Carter

Michael Carter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

I recently unpacked a Fuji Xerox Docuprint CP215 Series Network Colour Printer and tried to set it up on my home network. The printer recognised my network and reported the signal strength to be strong.  However, when I entered the network security key, the message came back "Unable to connect to this network".

Coincidently, something very similar happened when I unpacked a Toshiba Satelite C50-B notebook computer and tried to use that on my WLAN.  I have made a post on that topic here.

My WLAN runs from a TP-Link 300mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ modem router.

Is there a known problem with TP-Link modem routers, or am I doing something wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

If you are sure you are entering the key correctly, check to make sure the printer and the notebook are using the same type of encryption as the router. If the router is set to use WEP, make sure the printer and laptop connections are set to that. If the router is using WPA2, make sure your settings on the devices match that.

#3 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

Many thanks for your reply sflatechguy. I will check on those things.

Right now, I can't log into the modem to check the settings, so it is playing up. A simple restart didn't fix that, and I can't do a factory reset because the family is using the network, and it would take too long to put everything back.

May I ask the forum, what is the best and sturdiest ADSL2 modem router?

We give ours a fair caning. The children play network games and watch TV from a local server and Netflix. I do file sharing from two computers. Plus the local temperature goes up to 40c in the Summer. Sometimes it feels like you could fry an egg on the router.

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:26 PM

i was going to mention the same thing which encryption the printer supports and adjust it accordingly. Usually setting it to dual support WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] will resolve the issue.

Edited by technonymous, 07 June 2015 - 11:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users