Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help replacing graphic card please.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jessbelow

jessbelow

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:53 PM

Hi, Anyone know how to upgrade the graphic card on my computer? I would like to increased the performance without buying a new computer, but replacing the hardware inside it. Which hardware can i replace to improve performance? Also which graphic card should i buy that can fit and improve my computer? My computer is an IQ504 Hp TouchSmart Window 8.1, i use it for all but mostly for gaming and i get 5-20 fps, i can't buy a new computer but willing to spend on new hardware that can help. 

This is my system information: 

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Q...QFDZPZSSsJoE0v

Thanks in Advanced.

Edited by hamluis, 25 May 2015 - 04:52 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to System Building - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

Sorry to say forget trying to get it to run much if any better, you would be better off selling and putting the money toward an upgradable tower.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:14 AM

Specs

These systems were/are not made...so that users can upgrade components.

Take a look at the lack of slots which would allow upgrades of components.

The manufacturers of these other-than-desktop systems...I call them "throw-away computers"...know what they are doing.  Future sales depend, in part, on user inability to upgrade components, IMO.

Louis

#4 jessbelow

jessbelow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

Specs

These systems were/are not made...so that users can upgrade components.

Take a look at the lack of slots which would allow upgrades of components.

The manufacturers of these other-than-desktop systems...I call them "throw-away computers"...know what they are doing.  Future sales depend, in part, on user inability to upgrade components, IMO.

Louis

Oh I guess my only option is buy a new computer, Are there computer that give better and higher gaming performance than my current computer and will only cost $500 or below, because i don't wanna buy another this all in one Pc , I bought it for $1,000+ because its was new then i get a lot of problem and slow performance and worst for gaming. I need advice please what cheap good computer i can buy for gaming,working, surfing, and won't lagg when a lot of program are open because my current computer i can only open 1-3 program then i lagg. Even my browser are slows, and games are 5-10 fps because it's a old computer 6 years+

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

If gaming is your primary focus...it's probably better to build/assemble a desktop system.

?Cheap" and "good" are two relative terms...that the manufacturers of computer systems d0 not normally link together.  Think of it this way...if system manufacturers (Dell, HP, et alia) sold systems that reflected both of those characteristics...how many return customers would they have and how would they sell systems to them?

The only way to ensure continued quality in a system (IMO)...is to build/assemble a desktop, where the individual components can be replaced/upgraded when the user desires such...at much less than a new system would cost.

We have 2 forums that you may want to visit:

System Building & Upgrading

Buying New Computer

Louis

#6 jessbelow

jessbelow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:35 PM

If gaming is your primary focus...it's probably better to build/assemble a desktop system.

?Cheap" and "good" are two relative terms...that the manufacturers of computer systems d0 not normally link together.  Think of it this way...if system manufacturers (Dell, HP, et alia) sold systems that reflected both of those characteristics...how many return customers would they have and how would they sell systems to them?

The only way to ensure continued quality in a system (IMO)...is to build/assemble a desktop, where the individual components can be replaced/upgraded when the user desires such...at much less than a new system would cost.

We have 2 forums that you may want to visit:

System Building & Upgrading

Buying New Computer

Louis

Can i use this to build a desktop gaming computer? : http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/  Also why does it already cost $900, And i'm only half way of choosing hardwares. Is it possible to build a gaming pc computer for $500 or less? Also i don;t know anything about building a computer, i might need to watch Youtube video to guide me and is there anyway i can use the hardware on my IQ504 Hp Touchsmart to the new computer i'm building? Like the memories , storage, and some hardware so i won't need to buy that many stuff. I also don't need an operating system, because i still have a Window 8.1 License key and disc. Thanks, I will also check out the 2 forum link you gave me.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

Please...visit the forums that I linked to...if you have questions or want information concerning those areas.  This forum is for internal hardware issues and the personnel in the forums I linked to can provide you pertinent, reliable info on their areas of focus.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 24 May 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#8 jessbelow

jessbelow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:27 AM

Hi, I found this after researching on how to build a computer, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VW2ZD3 Its only cost $300, Will it be able to run games at 60 fps or 50 fps above? Also is this the complete built, is there anything else i'm missing or need to buy and add? Is this the best choice for cheap fast gaming computer? I'm still unsure how does building computer works, and if its will works.

#9 TZO2k15

TZO2k15

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

Hi, I found this after researching on how to build a computer, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VW2ZD3 Its only cost $300, Will it be able to run games at 60 fps or 50 fps above? Also is this the complete built, is there anything else i'm missing or need to buy and add? Is this the best choice for cheap fast gaming computer? I'm still unsure how does building computer works, and if its will works.

If you want to be able to play GTA5...Then no...

I've yet to build my own, but will do a complete overhaul to an already existing system, If you want to build your own, then you'll have to do some serious research, including some excellent youtube "How-to" vids just do a search for "Build guide" 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users