Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AdwRemover Crashing Browser

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 121Edot

121Edot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

Hello,
About an hour ago a pop-up came up on my sons laptop saying he had been infected with this computer virus called the LIAM.X Virus and it was dangerous to the stability of the machine.
So naturally I typed in on google on how to fix it. It took me to this page hxxp://malwarefixes.com/remove-liam-x-pop-hot-deals-ads/
After completing the adwremover part my browser constanly crashes after while doing something like watching a youtube video or searching for something. I have tried on all browsers I.E, Chrome and Firefox and it still crashes and forces me to restart the computer. This happened all after I did the adwremover thing. Is there any help for me.

I am using a HP Pavillion G6 on windows 7

Mod Edit by quietman7: link to non-Bleeping Computer malware removal guide disabled per this policy.

Edited by quietman7, 24 May 2015 - 05:41 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ransomwolf

ransomwolf

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

Hey,

First, I want you to run a scan with malwarebytes:

1. Please download and install Malwarebytes anti-malware

2. At the end of the setup, deselect "Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium":

F5R0181.png

3. Run Malwarebytes and it will update. After that's done, press the big blue "Scan now" button

4. After the scan completes, press the "Remove all" button. If it asks you to restart the PC, click "yes".

5. Open Malwarebyes, select the "History" tab on the top, click the most recent "scan log", and on the window that opens, on the bottom, click "export --> copy to clipboard" and paste it here.

64W9vTD.png

------------------------------------

Apparently you already ran AdwCleaner, but I would like you to run it again and clean what it finds. Copy the log it shows after the reboot and paste it here.

Then, download the Junkware Removal Tool  and run it. Copy the log it shows after it runs and paste it here.

After that's done, I doubt you still have the problems you describe. However, let's make sure your PC is really clean. Let's do a scan with Hitman Pro:

1. Download Hitman Pro 32 bits if your OS is 32 bits or Hitman Pro 64 bits if your OS is 64 bits.

2. Run it. You should see this screen. Press next:

l0a2dmL.png

3. Select "no, I want to perform a one time scan to check this computer" and press "next":

4xy072A.png

4. After the scan completes (could take a while, since some suspicious files in your PC can get uploaded to the cloud for scanning), DON'T REMOVE ANYTHING YET! In the bottom left of the screen, click "Save log":

OZbZSZn.png

5. Close HitmanPro and please copy the log and post it here.

Edited by ransomwolf, 24 May 2015 - 04:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users